Monday 28 June 2010

Sometimes when I think about life...




I have now been unemployed for over 6 months. I quit my job last Christmas because I was tired. Tired of every morning going to the same job, doing the same thing; something I had lost the passion for; something that wasn't really for me.
I am now enjoying my days fully, doing exactly what I want, whether it being painting, sleeping in, drinking coffee all day, partying any day of the week, walking purposeless walks around the city....
Then yesterday I was thinking....
.... that this is how I want to live all the time.


And it's not about being lazy - it's about being free.


I want to be able to go for coffee at 2 in the afternoon on a Tuesday, have a bbq in the park at noon on a Thursday, party hard on a Sunday, take that roadtrip to Rumania next week, and be able to come with my friend on the Trans-Siberian train through Russia this summer.
If and when I want to.

I think it's sad that work, commitments and money constantly stands in the way of being completely free in this life.

No comments: