Monday 13 June 2011

Retna @ The Dairy














I biked over to The Dairy on my lunch break today to see Retna's exhibit.
High on expectations I guess I was a little disappointed..... even though I'd hate to say it.
His work is amazing, and the Dairy is a pretty cool venue too, but I'd hoped they'd do something extra with the space rather than just hanging the canvases on white walls.

On top of that, when I got there, the door to the warehouse was open but there was absolutely no one there and all the lights were off!
I ended up seeing all the work in the dark, appart from the little light coming in from outside.
In a sense I guess that was nice too as Retna is from the beginning a graff writer and it then made the works feel more "real and in its real place" - in a dark warehouse.

No comments: